Fall. I love and hate this time of year. I mean, look at these kids in this pumpkin patch - they are lovin their lives. Fall is awesome. You get that crispness in the air, Halloween, not to mention the many splendors of nature with the amazing foliage. This week however, I find myself a little out of sorts with fall, cursing it, because it has also brought with it the cold and flu season. The last 2 or 3 weeks at my house have been like living through the Egyptian plagues. We have all gotten the stomach flu, colds, and, most recently, the regular flu. I am expecting a swarm of locust at any time. Illness has become so commonplace around here that I can detect a fever from 50 leagues, tell by the way my kids move their eyeballs if their head aches and am totally unfazed by vomit. Seriously, try throwing up in front of me - I won't even flinch. You could throw up on my shoes and I could clean it up and simultaneously tell you what happened on the last episode of Survivor. Yikes. Not a good place to be. But, life has a way of evening things out and we have also had some really fun times this last month. Here are some pictures:
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Fall. I love and hate this time of year. I mean, look at these kids in this pumpkin patch - they are lovin their lives. Fall is awesome. You get that crispness in the air, Halloween, not to mention the many splendors of nature with the amazing foliage. This week however, I find myself a little out of sorts with fall, cursing it, because it has also brought with it the cold and flu season. The last 2 or 3 weeks at my house have been like living through the Egyptian plagues. We have all gotten the stomach flu, colds, and, most recently, the regular flu. I am expecting a swarm of locust at any time. Illness has become so commonplace around here that I can detect a fever from 50 leagues, tell by the way my kids move their eyeballs if their head aches and am totally unfazed by vomit. Seriously, try throwing up in front of me - I won't even flinch. You could throw up on my shoes and I could clean it up and simultaneously tell you what happened on the last episode of Survivor. Yikes. Not a good place to be. But, life has a way of evening things out and we have also had some really fun times this last month. Here are some pictures:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that Charlie Brown boy!
Sunny! Oh my heck (hehe)! How are you? I found Joel on facebook because I couldn't find you, and he led me to your blog. You look great! 4 cute kids! Holy cow! How's life been the last 11 years. Can you believe it has been that long since college? Life's good here - 3 kids - we live in Bountiful... I'll have to read some of your blog. I only looked at the pictures. Take care! Emily (Barker) Farrer
Post a Comment