
This Christmas shall go down in Mills Family History as the least Christmas-y Christmas thus far, and believe you me, I have been complaining about it to whoever will listen. The combination of the absolute lack of any snow, the kids going to school til 2 days before Christmas, and the tornado of cold and flu that ripped through our family before and during Christmas really robbed it of much of its luster. Here we are, 3 weeks before Christmas, completely unaware that this was the last of our Christmas fun. I started to feel a little melancholy about all of this until I started counting those blessings. So, here is my list of Bizarro Christmas Blessings:
- We had presents to give our kids.
- Even though were puking in symphony, we were together.
- Due to the aforementioned puking, I didn't eat my body weight in Christmas candy.
- The entertainment of Lincoln crying in terror whenever we told him Santa was "watching" him.
- Sherri moved here, and I got to go on a 2.5 day road trip with her.
- Got to see Troy and Priscilla and their kids.
- Grandma B got a puppy for Christmas and the kids are in love.
- Nobody was actually puking Christmas morning.
- Feeling prompted to get all of the presents wrapped and ready to go early (which I NEVER do) and coming down with the stomach flu a few hours after finishing.
- From Felicity: We actually got Christmas cards out this year (that was pretty miraculous).
It is so good to count blessings because when you line up your complaints, and then you line up your blessings - blessings win - every time.
No comments:
Post a Comment