
I'm sorry I couldn't get this right side up, but the headline reads "Woman uses headlock, wedgie to thwart burglary". Basically, this woman saw a shady looking guy breaking into a car so she called the police and then chased him down and gave him a wedgie and held him in a headlock until the police arrived. I found this little gem on the front page of the Utah section of the Desert News last week and I must say, I have found a new purpose to all of my childhood sufferings. All this time I thought all of the headlocks and wedgies administered to me by my brothers were random acts of violence and now I think that my dear brothers, in their infinite wisdom, were diligently preparing me for a life of fighting crime. with all of my hands-on experience I am totally confident in my ability to give a solid get-a-way stopping wedgie and hold someone in
Today is Felicity's 7th birthday. Last night she had a pajama party and invited 8 of her buddies. Joel and I had a fun time with all of them playing Blindmans Bluff and scaring them with spooky stories. Yes, Grandma Baker's chilling tale of "Bloody Bones" continues to thrill and we got a scream out of all of them (OK maybe the scream was because Joel jumped out from behind the couch and roared at them right at the scariest part of the story, but I definitly set the mood). After 2 hours of 7 year old induced mayhem Joel and I felt like we had been kicked in the head with a golf shoe, but Felicity told us that it was the best day of her life, so, definitely worth it. Today we had the family over and had a good time celebrating Felicity and eating our weight in HoneyBaked Ham (tomorrow I am going to have a Honeybaked hangover). And now I must take the mother's perogitive and pay tribute to (or shamelessly brag about) my girl Felicity. Felicity brings so much joy to our home. She is affectionate, unselfish and a good friend to everyone in this family. Yesterday I was pre
5 comments:
Wait.... was Ivan the only little boy there because if so, I LOVE it!
I love that little girl! She cracks me up. Thanks for all the fun. Ivan thought the party was the funnest he has been too.
P.S. I can't wait to see you in action. If you get in a situation when you need to use your self-defense, please call me so I can document the occasion for you.
Ivan was indeed the only boy (except of course Brandon and Lincoln). One of the many reasons I adore Ivan is that if he was at all fazed by this, I could not tell. He just jumped right in to all of the giddy screaming.
so, you tease us by setting up a blog... then you never post? you're nothing more than a blog tease.
Post a Comment